Call for Papers 2014 Annual Meeting
Designated Smoking Areas
Student Paper and Poster Competition Guidelines
*JUDGES NEEDED* Science professionals interested in judging Student Awards
Please contact Connie Kersten
LAS 2014 Meeting Site:
LSUA - Alexandria, LA
Goals of the Academy
- To unite the scientists of Louisiana for the purpose of encouraging research and education in all branches of science.
- To encourage and conduct scientific discussions; to publish and disseminate scientific material; to conduct all enterprises deemed to promote the causes of science; to foster the applications of science to the problems of humanity.
- To encourage and assist teachers in Louisiana's elementary and secondary schools with the caliber of instruction necessary to generate and maintain an interest in all areas of science.
- To be an active voice representing science in both higher education and K-12 in Louisiana
- Membership in the Louisiana Academy of Sciences is open to those individuals, organizations, and institutions that are engaged actively in the advancement of science or which provide material assistance to advance the purposes of the Academy. The Academy's governing body, the Executive Council, is composed of elected and appointed officers. If you would like to join the Academy, please fill out our membership form and return it with a check for membership dues payable to LAS. Annual dues are $30.00 for regular members and $10.00 for students.
- The Academy's Annual Meeting generally is held in February or early March. Scientists from all of Louisiana's public and private colleges and universities are invited to present the results of their research at this meeting. Abstracts and short papers are published annually in The Proceedings of the Louisiana Academy of Sciences. The Call for Papers (abstract form) can be obtained from this web page.
- Contributions (instructions for contributors) reporting original research or observations and analyses dealing with some aspect of natural, physical, or social science generated in or about the State of Louisiana or the South will be considered. Manuscripts will undergo peer review by two or three experts (national and international).
LAS Constitution and Bylaws
- If you presented your work at our Annual Meetings, your abstracts appear in The Proceedings of the Louisiana Academy of Sciences. You may receive a copy of The Proceedings where your abstract appears by contacting Dr. Tom Sasek, Department of Biology, University of Louisiana at Monroe, LA 71209, Phone: (318) 342-1792, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. John Doucet, Editor, The Proceedings of the Louisiana Academy of Sciences, Department of Biological Sciences, Nicholls State University, Thibodaux, LA 70310, Phone: (985) 448-4721, E-mail: John.Doucet@nicholls.edu. Please provide Dr. Sasek or Dr. Doucet with the following information: Your name, mailing address or other contact information, email address, phone number, AND the YEAR(S) you presented at the Annual Meeting. .
Visits starting March 20, 2005.